07 Mar Metal Outlook
Welcome back to the Ely Enterprises Blog!
2017 scrap pricing is on the rise!
According to Mark O Hara at Market Realist, “We did see some weakness in the scrap market in February 2017. However, thanks to improved steel demand, scrap prices could again start looking up.”
Everything discussed at the last pricing blog has seemed to come to fruition in the metal market. Let’s hope these rebounds stay and increase throughout 2017.
National Average Scrap Prices (as of 2/1/17):
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.85-$2.22
- Copper Pipe: $1.72-$1.97
- Clean Brass: $0.85-$1.18
- Insulated Copper: $0.45-$1.45
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.22-$0.33
- Stainless Steel: $0.23-$0.29
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $65-125 per ton
Next week, we will dive further into the paper and cardboard markets to find out the traction gaining in that scrap market.
Don’t forget to visit our website at www.elyent.com and contact us at 216-252-8090