17 Jan Compactor & Baler Maintenance
Today we are going to discuss compactor and baler maintenance. Much like the car you have to take in for regular preventative maintenance checkups, your compaction equipment works in the same way. With a solid preventative maintenance program your equipment can last years with little or no problems at all. Below are a few preventative maintenance suggestions.
- Checking switches and connections for proper operation.
- Inspecting and adjusting safety and limit switches, operating pressure, emergency stop, pressure gauges and warning lights.
- Evaluating wear points, anchors, wiper blades and follower plates.
- Lubricating door hinges and handles, latches and turnbuckles, access gates, motors, tracks and guides.
- Checking hydraulic hoses, fittings, and cylinder wear for leaking.
- Inspecting unit for applicable OSHA and ANSI standards.
- Evaluating physical condition of rollers, seals, and oil.
For more information on preventative maintenance and how Ely Enterprises can assist please call 216-252-8090.